The Society hopes to foster a charitable spirit amongst its members to support and aid our local community.
To that end, we have clearly outlined four key principles to guide our charitable efforts:
- Since the Society is an alumni body, the charities that we work with should be education-related.
- The charities should be within the Hong Kong and China region.
- Our involvement should only be on a project basis, and therefore provide us a chance to support multiple causes over time, and also see the fruits of our support through the achievement of the specified project.
- The charitable projects should have the ability for our members to get involved and potentially continue on a personal basis.
Recent charitable projects that our Society has been involved with include:
– Supporting the Changing Young Lives Foundation charity at our Christmas Cocktails event
– Supporting Mother’s Choice charity as part of our 2022 Joint University Charity Speed Dating event
Furthermore, the Society annually extends sponsorships for worthwhile student projects.
Details of our Scholarship Grants program can be found here.